At Watford Sheltered Workshop, we are committed to keeping the trust and confidence of everyone who comes into contact with us.
- what information we collect
- why we collect it
- what we do with it
- when we may share it with others
- how you can access and update your information.
Why do we collect your personal data?
Basically, to improve the way we communicate and work with you.
Our vision is a world where people with a disability’s are valued equally, listened to and included. We need you to help us make this a reality, and collecting your personal data enables us to learn what different choices of communication work best. This also means we save money that can be used to directly support people with disabilities.
If you have given us your email address and permission to use it, then you will receive emails from us, we’ll make sure you can stop them at any time.
So, to summarise: when you use our website or services, you are agreeing for us to store and process your personal data. The ways we do that are explained in this policy – it is a guide for us to follow too and we take it very seriously.
What is in this policy?
Here is a more detailed list of things you will learn about in this policy:
- who we are
- what types of information we collect
- how we will use your information
- how and when we share your information with others
- how long we will keep your information
- how you can access your personal information
- updating your preferences and stopping communication from us
- making changes to your personal information
- how we store your information
- following links to third party websites (we’ll explain these too)
Changes to this policy
This policy may change, but we will always have the latest version available for you on our website. It there are any major changes, we will add a notice on our website or contact you. This policy was last updated on 21 May 2018.
Who we are
We are Watford Sheltered Workshop (Company Registration No. 753764). Registered Charity Number: 229947.
Watford Sheltered Workshop is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the Data Protection Act 1998 and our registration number is ZA237216.
What types of information do we collect?
This type of information does not tell us who you are, but it does help us to improve our services.
This means any information that may be used to identify you, such as your name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, and your bank details if you are supporting us financially.
How do we collect this information?
We collect information when you do things such as:
- fundraise on our behalf
- donate to us
- add Gift Aid to your donation
- give personal data to us
How we use your information
Rest assured, our intentions are always good. We collect your information because we need it to help us fulfil your requests, keep in touch with you, and offer you communications that are relevant to you. So, things like:
- providing any information or services you have requested
- processing financial transactions such as donations or setting up a Direct Debit. This includes processing Gift Aid with HMRC if relevant
- keeping a record of any communications between us and you, for example emails and phone calls
- keeping a record of other interactions too, such as requests for leaflets or attending an event
- managing and improve how we communicate with you – how you prefer to be contacted, and what information you want to receive. We will contact you about our events, volunteering, news, information and advice as well as other ways you can support Watford Sheltered Workshop
- responding to complaints or queries and look into any legal claims.
How and when we share your information with others
We will not sell or rent your information to third party organisations, and we will not share your personal information for others to use in their marketing or fundraising.
We may use carefully selected companies to provide services on our behalf, including delivering postal mail, sending emails and processing credit card payments. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the relevant service, and we make sure that your data is treated with the same level of care as if we were handling it directly.
Legal reasons for sharing information
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Watford Sheltered Workshop if we strongly believe that access, use, storing or sharing of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any relevant law, regulation, legal process or lawful governmental request
- put in force relevant terms of service, including investigation of potential violations
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Watford Sheltered Workshop, the people we support or the public, as required or permitted by law.
We know that legal details can be confusing. If any of the above does not make sense, get in touch and we will be happy to clear up any confusion – it is quite important to know what this all means.
How long we keep your information
We will hold your information for as long as you have an active relationship with Watford Sheltered Workshop.
How you can access your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold. To get a copy of this, please write to Watford Sheltered Workshop Chief Executive Officer at this address:
Chief Executive Officer
Watford Sheltered Workshop
Century Retail Park
We try our best to respond to all enquiries within five working days of receiving them, and will offer a full response to all information access requests within forty working days. You may need to pay a small admin fee.
Updating your preferences and unsubscribing
You are in control of how we contact you, for example by post or email. If you want to stop receiving emails, click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our emails. We would rather you didn’t miss out, but we respect that it is your decision!
Making changes to your personal information
If your personal details change, please help us to keep this information up to date by getting in touch and telling us:
How we store your information
We ensure there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details and our network is protected and checked often.
We regularly review who has access to information that we hold to ensure it is only accessible by trained staff, volunteers and contractors.
We regularly review the information that we hold, and delete anything that is no longer required.
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions or want to find out more, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01923 220 256.