Although we gain as much income as we can from our commercial customers, that is insufficient to fund all our activities such as Skills for Life training, coaching in searching for unsupported employment, specialist help such as British Sign Language translation, and higher levels of supervision than in a purely commercial workshop.
We rely on of support including:
- An Employment Services Grant from the Department for Work and Pensions for employees on the Work Choice scheme, which is administered by Shaw Trust *.
- A Training Services Grant from Health & Community Services, Hertfordshire County Council, for their service users *.
- Volunteers, who give their time to help us in many different ways.
- Donations from individuals and various organisations
- Sponsors, who give donations in kind or money to support our work
- Additional income such as selling unwanted items on eBay or from hiring out our facilities
* Under current government policy, our grants from DWP and HCS are expected to end during 2017 and 2018 respectively – which makes it all the more urgent for us to seek additional funding.