Our work skills’ training is currently only available to people who have a supported placement with us.
As our existing supported work skills training project is often run at full capacity we have decided to develop a range of training courses for other people with a learning and/or physical disability. These courses may be of interest to people who have Direct Payments, Personal Budgets or who wish to use their own funds. We are also able to work via collaborative arrangements with other providers.
We plan to develop the following new training courses for people with a learning and/or physical disability:
- Basic IT (which could also include a specific course to support people to develop skills and confidence to navigate and use the new eMarketplace)
- Literacy and numeracy – includes course below level 1
- Nutrition and diet
- Falls and Fragility
- Moving and Handling
- Money management
- Basic First Aid
- Basic First Aid with Resuscitation
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Basic Food Hygiene with certificate
- Basic food preparation
- Health & Safety
- Fire Safety
In addition, we are also developing bespoke training to other providers in the following areas:
- Sensory impairment
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
The availability of these new courses will be dependent on the demand for them and there being enough participants for individual courses, so please contact our Training Offier to register your interest in these course.
We look forward to hearing from you.